Friday 25 April 2008

I've been on the telly....I've been on the telly!! Went up to Paul's house this morning and met with the guys from Meridian. They then filmed me running up and down the roads and meeting with Paul and his family. Also had an interview for a mid-day slot but we had to do two takes as someone started up a brick grinder in a neighbouring house just before I was about to speak....maybe a candidate for outtake TV!!? Lots of general questions with Paul and his family (which after a while became general waffle as we'd run out of things to talk about!!) then I had another interview on my own and finally left the TV crew to interview Paul and get some film of him in his home environment. Very exciting!
Last day at work today and they called me up in front of the whole department to wish me good luck - don't like that at all and very embarrassing!!
Seen the results of the interview tonight and they're really good - I look quite the athlete sprinting down the road! Quite a few people have already commented that they've seen me so hope it gets Paul the publicity he deserves.
Sarah has already left for Penzance and this time tomorrow I'll have started my journey and completed the first leg. Her family are meeting me when the train arrives at Penzance and taking me down to Lands End (I think it's to make sure I actually start my challenge!).
So....all packed and ready for action! Bring it on!!

No comments: