Sunday 6 April 2008

So what on earth has happened with the weather?! Last weekend's Bournemouth Bay was held in lovely spring sunshine yet awoke this morning to a snow blizzard! Running has now really tapered ready for next weekend's London marathon. Ran every day last week but the 13 on Sunday was my longest distance. Raced in the Poole Runners Ladies 5k on Tuesday night and despite being a little windy in places, ran really well finishing in 11th place in a time of 21:12 - thrilled to set a new club record and therefore a pb - strangely enough another one I bettered by just one second!
Collected another 4 raffle / auction prizes yesterday and I have to admit that it's been amazing as to just how many businesses and representatives have been willing to help me out (but also how many just don't bother to answer emails and letters!). It's looking as though I will be able to have at least 5 auction lots and more than 25 raffle prizes which is fantastic.
On the fundraising side of things, this is going brilliantly. One of my neighbours popped round yesterday to say that they'd had a whip-round at work and presented me with a cheque for £100 for Cancer Research - it really does amaze me how many people will put their hand in their pockets to help.
Current pledges are : Paul £1,144 and Cancer Research £778 offline and £1,105.01 online (thanks to Lilli who bucked the trend and included an additional penny in her donation!) totalling£1,883.01 and a fantastic £3,027.01 overall - it's certainly a great feeling to move over the £3,000 mark as it seems only a few weeks ago that I hadn't even made it to the first grand....roll on the next one!

No comments: