Tuesday 15 July 2008

Monday 7 July....back to work day

I think everyone knew that I wouldn't be doing much work for the next few days - there's too many people that want to know how I got on and to be honest I really don't want to come down off this cloud too quickly. Walking in the door for the first time I got a huge round of applause so in reality, it wasn't too bad being back in the office and I certainly didn't get much done!

My right ankle is quite swollen at the moment and I don't have much movement in it at all. Whilst I got to work in shoes, they soon came off and I wandered around the office all day in bare feet. Occasionally getting sharp pains across the top of my right foot and I have to get up every hour or so from my desk as my knees are in danger of totally seizing up at right angles!

After work I was keen to see all the Bournemouth Joggers so didn't waste much time in getting back to club. They presented me with a whole load of footcare lotions so my tootsies are going to be in for a nice treat afterwards. Decided it would be interesting to go along with my fully loaded backpack but most had difficulty trying it on and politely declined my offer for them to try running a circuit of the athletics track with it on! It was great to see everyone again but feel that I may have interupted their intense track session as there was a distinct lack of enthusiasm for some speed work!

No comments: