Wednesday 23 July 2008

Wednesday 23 July

I won a trophy today from the running club at work for being the top fundraiser, esentially from the London marathon but as I had combined this with my end to end efforts, I don't really think anyone else had a chance! I was in London anyway today so popped into one of the offices to collect my cup (it's huge and will clearly now take pride of place on my desk at work!) and have the obligatory photoshoot. I'm hoping that I'll get copies so I can post one on the blog.

And then the lies continue! Unsure if I mentioned earlier but remember my first pair of shoes that I had retired at Earby? Tricia had taken them home but John told me that although he had hung them outside for a while, they smelt so bad that they overpowered the garage and he'd eventually thrown them away. I only found this out when I got back home and to be honest, I was a little sad as although I admit they did pong, they'd been part of my journey for so many miles. Anyway, a package had arrived this morning and Maureen and Barry, our lovely neighbours, had signed for and taken it in. Although addressed to John, he let me open it (I should have twigged then that something was afoot as he would never normally allow me to open his parcels!) and what a fantastic surprise - it was my trainers : Maureen had sugggested a 'bronzer' and he'd arranged to have them immortalised for ever in bronze and mounted on a wooden plinth with an engraved plaque 'Carole Loader ran Lands End to John O'Groats 25 April to 5 July 2008'. They look absolutely fantastic - it's rather like getting the taxidermist in! I can't believe it's actually my trainers underneath all the bronzing....and they don't smell anymore!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a lovely thought of him!! If I ever need anything bronzing, I know who to ask!!
Pam