Monday 2 June 2008

Day 36 Well Deserved Holiday!

Legs sore this morning with a bit of a lump so decided not to do anything and try to keep off my feet as much as possible.

No internet at Youth Hostel but apparently quite a few at the community centre and there is also an internet cafe here - proof that they do exist outside Bournemouth. Problem, community centre closed on Saturday and the cafe is undergoing refurbishment! Just my luck...NOT!
So bought postcard and a newspaper as I have no idea again what is going on in the word and then wrote the postcards while having a couple of coffees in the village. It's actually very busy here with plenty of little shops and it seems that ever biker (both cycling and motorbiking) is meeting here as they are absolutely everywhere. Sunny today so sat on the stone bench reading the paper and eating chips then dictating yesterdays diary over the phone to John for blog updating.

Nothing to do so retreated indoors to listen to my music and read the free Hello magazine then see where I am going for the next 10 days - no break now until I get to Melrose on the 10th June. Can't believe I'm only a week or so away from Scotland........ wow! That will be a huge milestone and confidence builder but I have got a lot of running to do before then and I hope my leg holds out and doesn't get any worse.

No comments: